BD Loops Water-Tight Splice Kit
Sometimes making a splice is unavoidable, for those situations we offer our Splice Kit. The BDLoops splice kit comes packed with double walled adhesive lined shrink tubing that is layered to make a durable watertight seal.
Splice Kit Includes:(1) 6", 1/2" Adhesive Lined Shrink Tube
(1) 4", 1/2" Adhesive Lined Shrink Tube
(2) 3/16" Adhesive Lined Shrink Tubes
(1) Glue Tape
What You Need:
Good Reasons to Make a Splice:
Bad Reasons to Make a Splice:
In a situation where the loop is damaged, it is better to install a new preformed loop
or wrap a new loop. Splicing should only be done on the lead-in.
Splicing Tips and Tricks:
- In a pinch a lighter can be used to shrink the shrink tubing.
- Solder all connections.
- Round jagged pieces of solder with needle nose pliers before using Shrink Tube.
- Tape the wires down – this will free up both hands and make splicing easier.